From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] permissions on ntfs partitions
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:39:45
1 Matthias Langer wrote:
2
3 >Can anybody tell me if it is normal that files on ntfs partitions are
4 >executable by default when mounting them under linux ? Or is it possible
5 >that this has something to do with the following line from my fstab:
6 >
7 >/dev/hde1 /mnt/bill ntfs user,umask=0000,nls=utf8 0 0
8 >
9 >Thanks,
10 >Matthias
14 I'm not a windoze user but I can dig in a man page on occasion. This
15 may help. I'm not sure though.
16
17 > noexec
18 > Do not allow direct execution of any binaries on the mounted file
19 > system. (Until recently it was possible to run binaries anyway using a
20 > command like /lib/ld*.so /mnt/binary. This trick fails since Linux
21 > 2.4.25 / 2.6.0.)
24 I think you can put noexec in the options part of the fstab line to stop
25 that. Oh man mount. Lots of options there.
26
27 Dale
28 :-)
32 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
33
34 I have four rigs:
35
36 1: Home built; Abit NF7 ver 2.0 w/ AMD 2500+ CPU, 1GB of ram and right now two 80GB hard drives.
37 2: Home built; Iwill KK266-R w/ AMD 1GHz CPU, 256MBs of ram and a 4GB drive.
38 3: Home built; Gigabyte GA-71XE4 w/ 800MHz CPU, 128MBs of ram and a 2.5GB drive.
39 4: Compaq Proliant 6000 Server w/ Quad 200MHz CPUs, 128MBs of ram and a 4.3GB SCSI drive.
40
41 All run Gentoo Linux, all run folding. #1 is my desktop, 2, 3, and 4 are set up as servers.
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list