From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they exist...
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:27:24
1 James Homuth writes:
2
3 > I performed a bit of an update on my laptop a day or two ago, and after
4 > reboot, I lost the ability to do anything with /dev/hda*. I currently
5 > have 0 swap space, and according to stat, ls etc, they don't exist.
6 > But, booting to an install CD I burned for diagnostic purposes, it
7 > sees them just fine. Also, and this is the strange part. It boots no
8 > problem, so the OS is able to mount at least /dev/hda3, even though
9 > from the command line I'm not seeing it. I'm probably missing
10 > something completely dead obvious (it's after midnight here and all),
11 > and Google's turning up nothing, so if someone could kindly slap me in
12 > the face with it, that'd be appreciated. Thanks either way for
13 > whatever help comes my way.
14
15 See the "When is a disk not a disk" thread a few days ago. I guess this is
16 the same problem:
17