From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: AMD microcode updates - where are they?!
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 04:30:20
1 On 2019-07-13 19:06, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > If linux-firmware is emerged with the savedconfig use flag, then
4 > > only the firmware not deleted from the config file is left.
5 >
6 > Yes. I used to do this, but gave up after a while.
7
8 I find it odd that there is apparently no central way to track which
9 firmwares are being loaded without a debugging kernel.
10
11 The relevant messages in linux/drivers/base/firmware_loader/main.c are
12 all dev_dbg(), which as I understand does nothing on a non-debug kernel.
13 Even the message printed when the firmware file is missing is of that
14 type.
15
16 I guess I could turn on the userspace helper, set it to some script that
17 just logs every request and fails, and then remove the whole
18 /lib/firmware tree, but that is a _really_ round-about way.
21 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
22 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
23 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
24 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.