From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DHCP Jammer
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:35:24
1 On 17 January 2006 11:50, Chris Ong wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 > Is there anyway to stop unauthorized or unwanted DHCP server to
4 > broadcast within a network?
5 >
6 > Say, I have a DHCP server is distributing 172.30.10.0/24 IP range, but
7 > a joker simply plug in another DHCP server and distributing
8 > 192.168.12.0/24 IP. Is there anyway I can stop the unwanted DHCP broadcast?
9
10 Since the "joker" reprents a social problem it needs a social solution: Find
11 and silence him! ;-)
12
13 Alright, more seriously. Do you use managed switches? If so, there are several
14 ways depending on your switches' capabilities. Allow DHCP only from *your*
15 server. Disable his port altogether.
16
17 Uwe
20 Unix is sexy: