From: Stewart Taylor <stewarta.taylor@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Font sizes very small in KDE
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:09:27
1 Hi All
2
3 I've got a problem with the display
4 under KDE. I've just installed Gentoo
5 for the first time. Under KDE the font
6 sizes are very small compared with what
7 they should be. Compared with the same
8 hardware under Suse 8.0 all text
9 displays a little over half the size.
10 this affects KDE apps and non KDE apps
11 the same. Firefox text on menus and the
12 like is so small that it is unusable. On
13 one of my own programs the 14 point text
14 displays as if it were 8-9 point. I have
15 a Matrox Millennium G400 graphics card.
16 I've tried all the settings i can find
17 and have tried different kernel modules
18 settings without success. The info I
19 found on the web left me confused as it
20 seems that this card may have different
21 names in the UK and US. I'm in the UK.
22
23 TIA
24
25 Stewart