From: Bob Young <RKY@×××××.Net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Multiple error messages for each keystroke in nano
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 07:46:42
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: Ian Hilt [mailto:ian.hilt@×××××.com]
3 Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 11:03 PM
4 To: Gentoo-user List
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple error messages for each keystroke in
6 nano
7
8 >> On Fri, 16 May 2008 at 7:07pm -0700, Bob Young wrote:
9
10 >> I'm installing a new Gentoo box, and have the basic system installed (
11 >> without X ). The problem began after I completed a successful "emerge
12 >> -DuN world" The symptom is: when I start nano, (just nano by itself,
13 >> not editing a file), several hundred lines similar to the following
14 >> are spewed to the console:
15
16 > [...]
17
18 >> BTW, if I edit with vi.everything works fine, and of course typing at the
19 >> console works okay as well.
20
21 > What's the output of "emerge -vp nano"?
24 [ebuild R ] app-editors/nano-2.1.1 USE="debug ncurses nls spell
25 unicode -justify -minimal -slang" 0kb
26
27 But your question made me wonder about the -DuN world, and in looking at the
28 build log, it appears during the update world, nano was in deed updated from
29 nano-2.0.2 to nano-2.1.1, and, the debug and spell USE flags were flipped.
30
31 Currently I'm emerging xorg, but after that finishes, I'll first try
32 flipping the debug and spell use flags back and see what that does.
33
34 Regards,
35 Bob Young
38 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list