From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot completely shut down my system from command line
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 20:25:25
1 * John covici (covici@××××××××××.com) [02.06.09 09:24]:
2 > Hi. I am running unstable gentoo and baselayout2, however when I
3 > shutdown my system with something like shutdown -r now -- it gets into
4 > a state where it says
5 > init: no more processes in this run level, but it never will restart
6 > or shutdown if I use -h. How in the heck do I even debug such a thing
7 > or fix?
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance for any good ideas.
12 Did you enable ACPI in your kernel configuration?
13
14 Sebastian
17 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " | _ ASCII ribbon campaign
18 Karl Marx | ( ) against HTML e-mail
19 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER | X against M$ attachments
20 mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de | / \ www.asciiribbon.org