From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where does /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight come from?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:20:56
1 On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Does anyone know which kernel option would be responsible for
3 > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight?  I've disabled some backlight
4 > stuff in the kernel but the directory still appears.  I get screen
5 > backlight control on my laptop if I do:
6 >
7 > echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness
8 >
9 > but if xlockmore blanks my screen, I have to issue the above again
10 > before screen backlight control works again.  I also have acpi_video0
11 > in /sys/class/backlight and I think removing intel_backlight might fix
12 > the problem.
13 >
14 > I could try deleting the directory.  Is that safe?  Are the files and
15 > folders in /sys generated dynamically at boot?
16
17 The /sys directory is like /proc; it's a virtual directory which
18 serves as interface to several kernel knobs. I don't think you can
19 remove any dir from it, and if you do, next boot it will show up
20 again.
21
22 Regards.
23 --