From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Did I not get the memo about perl & python?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:32:51
1 On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 10/17/2011 05:07 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >> Sort of strange. One of my machines just showed up wanting to rebuild
4 >> about 25 packages due to a USE flag change? All the packages were
5 >> showing -perl and/or -python. Seemed like a strange change at this
6 >> point in the life of a desktop PC so I added both flags to make.conf
7 >> and the machine is once again content to update just a couple of
8 >> packages.
9 >>
10 >> I don't recall seeing any discussion about this.Was there??
13 > Not really. This is about it:
14 >
15 >  http://blog.jolexa.net/
16 >
17 > I complained about the lack of USE flag documentation, life goes on. You
18 > can probably do without them set.
22 <hehe> So who is this Jeremy guy anyway, thinking he'll just change
23 USE flag defaults to make _his_ life easier? ;-)
24
25 OK, I'm fine with it, and glad to know I wasn't purposely left off the
26 distribution list. I go into a funk and am hard to be around when that
27 happens... ;-)
28
29 Chaeers,
30 Mark