From: Konstantinos Bekiaris <konstantinos@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: revdep-rebuild keeps reinstalling binutils
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 06:20:15
1 On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 5:48 AM, Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
2
3 > === On Sun, 02/07, Konstantinos Bekiaris wrote: ===
4 > > Ok, nice approach. The problem is that no package can be installed
5 > > because the compiler gcc is not working...this is Gentoo...everything
6 > > has to do with compiling. The solution of the problem starts with
7 > > fixing gcc by hand. (You are right about python, i have an older
8 > > version).So?
9 > ===
10 >
11 > try gcc-config first. See if that clears it up. then
12 > "source /etc/profile".
13 >
14 > I think we are close to the problem. However, whatever i try, i get:
15
16 Gentoo kostas # gcc-config -l
17 * gcc-config: Active gcc profile is invalid!
18 [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.4
19 Gentoo kostas # gcc-config -E
20 * gcc-config: Active gcc profile is invalid!
21 [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.4
22 Gentoo kostas # gcc-config -B
23 * gcc-config: Active gcc profile is invalid!
24 [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.4
25 Gentoo kostas # gcc-config -X
26 * gcc-config: Active gcc profile is invalid!
27 [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.4