From: Roman Dobosz <gryf73@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel 4.x and (probably) event issues
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 12:18:16
1 Hi!
2
3 I've been struggling with this issues for a while with no success so
4 far.
5
6 I have notebook Dell E6430 on docking station with external monitor and
7 keyboard + mouse. I have tried to switch to the kernel 4.x the other
8 day, and have two issues.
9
10 1. After successful boot, I've noticed, that buttons above the
11 touchpad[1] stopped working. Tried to debug the thing, but they do
12 nothing even under xev or in showkey - seems like they dead. Didn't find
13 anything interesting by searching the net.
14
15 2. This one is more annoying. After boot to the new shiny 4.x kernel,
16 devices connected via the usb seems to have aggressive power safe mode.
17 For example - if I typing for a while everything is fine, if I stop for
18 a couple of seconds, and then start to type, for approximately 2 seconds
19 there is no response from the device, and after that i can type again.
20 Note, that during those 2s no buffering is done, so whatever I'm typing
21 in this short period, is lost. Same goes to the mouse movement and
22 buttons.
23
24 Needless to say, that both of the issues are non-existent on 3.18.x
25 series…
26
27 I'll appreciate any hint.
28
29 [1] http://ibin.co/2ZBIg3Ilkmxd
32 -^- _ something is grinding the emptiness:
33 _ /O)_\// Mystical Sun - 15 Billion Years of Aliens