From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PostgreSQL Dependencies
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:58:24
1 On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 14:36 -0500, kashani wrote:
2 > lists@××××××.com wrote:
3 > >> So if PostgreSQL server is on another machine why must I install it
4 > > locally for postfix/cyrus-sasl to use it? Wasn't there talk awhile ago
5 > > about some libpq package that should be used instead? I'm confused. I
6 > > also don't want to have to put the postgresql full package on this server
7 > > (it should run email stuff only). So what to do?
8 >
9 > Gentoo doesn't have a libs build for Postgres or Mysql so you get the
10 > whole package. There has been talk of doing a client install, but I
11 > don't know if any progress has been made on that.
12 >
13 > kashani
14 Hi,
15 This is the answer i have too.
16 Checking courier-authlib ebuild shows it DEPENDS on postgresql (if USE
17 flag is ON) and *only* RDEPENDS on db,gdbm
18 ...BEGIN...
19 DEPEND="virtual/libc
20 gdbm? ( sys-libs/gdbm )
21 !gdbm? ( >=sys-devel/autoconf-2.5 sys-libs/db )
22 >=dev-libs/openssl-0.9.6
23 pam? ( >=sys-libs/pam-0.75 )
24 mysql? ( >=dev-db/mysql-3.23.36 )
25 ldap? ( >=net-nds/openldap-1.2.11 )
26 postgres? ( >=dev-db/postgresql-7.2 )"
27
28 RDEPEND="virtual/libc
29 gdbm? ( sys-libs/gdbm )
30 !gdbm? ( sys-libs/db )"
31 ...END...
32 Conclusion it's only needed for building courier-authlib not for running
33 Also remember such talks
34 HTH.Rumen