From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: question regarding usb gadget / eth usb
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 13:59:42
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> [14-11-15 13:34]:
2 > <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
5 > > Hi James :)
6 >
7 > > ...ARM9 emulator...nice idea.
8 > > Does such thing exists for Linux?
11 > http://www.thefreecountry.com/emulators/arm.shtml
12 >
13 > > > Good hunting!
14 >
15 > > ...thanks! Your good wish has already worked!
16 > > I got access to the board 8)
17 >
18 > I'm always glad to hear of your successes....
19 >
20 > It looks like the "arm9" is a moderized "Arm Thumb" processor.
21 >
22 > ARM926EJ-S™ ARM® Thumb® Processor
23 >
24 > So there is a rich archives of codes for the arm thumb. Exactly
25 > what the new processor you have on your new board compared to the
26 > legacy features of the "Arm Thumb" is something you are going to
27 > have to research, test and verify. Arm codes from older devices
28 > usually run on newer arm processors, but not always. Indianess and
29 > similar issue abound, but they are usually well documented, including
30 > examples.
31 >
32 > https://www.linaro.org/projects/
33 >
34 > Linaro is moving arm linux, particularly but not limited to 64bit arm,
35 > forward at light speed. It is a formidable collection of coders.
36 > Many have connections to the legacy arm communities, like the Arm Thumb.
37 >
38 > Much of the Arm Thumb legacy codes will run natively on the Aarch64 Arm
39 > processors. Im pretty sure you'll be able to run an Aarch64 arm chip
40 > like a cluster of arm thumb procesors. Aarch64 is purported to support
41 > 2 or 3 simultaneously running and different Operating Systems, concurrently.
42 > It is a brave new world and arm is the place to be. Even AMD has several Arm
43 > (64 bit)server SOC in the process of being rolled out!
44 >
45 > > Best regards,
46 > > Meino
49 > James
50
51 Hi James,
52
53 sorry for the delay...I was not at home this weekend.
54
55 quemu is offered via emerge...will try that first. By the way:
56 I think the CPU on my Arietta board is a 32 bit thingy.You wrote about
57 64 bit thumb code...executed by a cluster of 32 bit ARM CPUs...I have
58 one Arietta board...or...what did I get confused here totally
59 <scratching my head... ;) >
62 Best regards,
63 Meino