From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless connection-sharing with networkmanager problem
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 15:06:02
1 "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >Sorry for not letting it clear.
4 >
5 >There are two parts at this website. The part I followed is *Part #2*.
6 >you
7 >can search for "*Part #2*:". But it is too simple to be relevant.
8 >
9 >I have a desktop machine, witch is connected to a wireless router by a
10 >wired connection. But the wireless router is too far from my room, so I
11 >want to use my wireless card to extend the signal, so I'll be able to
12 >use
13 >it by my phone and my friends I'll also use it.
14 >
15 >Since I just want to extend it, I guess that I should use
16 >infrastructure
17 >mode, to maintain all the devices at the same network, using the dhcp
18 >server from the router itself. But, first things first! I just want to
19 >connect and see it working anyway, in first place.
20 >
21 >My phone still can't see the network, but my sister's notebook does.
22 >However it is seen in a different way: the windows 7 recognize it as if
23 >it
24 >were a wired conection ( 3 PCs icon instead of a usual signal bar). But
25 >when connected it still can't surf the net.
26 >
27 >Any help would be appreciated. :)
28 >
29 >2012/10/2 J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>