From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Should we NEVER do an ``emerge -u world''?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 05:46:28
1 · Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
2
3 > Not in the way that causes the problems, of -5ing everything. When i used
4 > etc-update, I wuld go through the list, accepting some changes and
5 > rejecting others, then -5 the remainder, which were often example configs.
6
7 That's what I do as well.
8
9 > That's not the same as -5ing everything, which is what I was referring to
10 > and the easy way to toast /etc/fstab.
11
12 Ah, okay, then I did not understand you completely right.
13
14 Alexander Skwar
15 --
16 On a clear disk you can seek forever.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list