From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Ethernet Machination
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 01:47:41
1 On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >> james wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> After deleting the 70-persistent-net.rule file
6 >>>
7 >>> udev does not re-create it. All is now fine with rc-status
8 >>> only showing net.eth0 which is set up how I like it
9 >>> per /etc/conf.d/net. All services are fine
12 >> Beware.
13 >
14 > <SNIP>
15 >> This doesn't appear to be common knowledge, so it struck me as worth
16 >> mentioning.
17 >>
18 >> Cheers,
19 >>
20 >> --Kerin
21 >
22 > Very interesting info. Thanks!
23 >
24 > Cheers,
25 > Mark
26
27 I think the proper explanation is here:
28
29 http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames
30
31 Regards.