From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What version of netscape-flash to use with konqueror?
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 22:40:29
1 Robin Atwood writes:
2
3 > I have just brought my laptop (x86 arch) up to date and so I have KDE
4 > 3.5.9 and netscape-flash-9.0.124.0. Now whenever I go to a web page
5 > with embedded flash I get a segfault. I seem to remember that something
6 > got broken wrt konqueror and my amd64 system is using
7 > netscape-flash-9.0.48.0-r1; however, that version now seems to have
8 > been removed. So what version are people using?
9
10 New flash on one machine, where I have the same problems. I disabled flash
11 in konqueror, so do not get the segfaults all the time, but it sucks to
12 use firefox for every site with flash I want to use.
13
14 So on another machine, I kept the old 9.0.48.0-r1, despite the many
15 security bugs.
16
17 Maybe I will save the old flash stuff in some special directory which I
18 will tell konqueror to use, so I can upgrade flash and use the new
19 version, except for konqueror.
20
21 Wonko
22 --