From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Double Firefox folders in /usr/lib?
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:03:14
1 Hi,
2 As you may have heard, I've upgraded Firefox twice in the last two days
3 (could have been three times, but I skipped one update).
4
5 I'm compiling it, not using the bins.
6
7 Well, somewhere between 1.0.5 (where I started) and 1.0.6-r2 (where I
8 ended up) the folder in /usr/lib changed from
9
10 MozillaFirefox
14 mozilla-firefox
15
16 Same thing happened with Thunderbird (MozillaThunderbird to
17 mozilla-thunderbird).
18
19 Now, everything works (that's not the problem), and I know that
20 mozilla-firefox is the folder being used (because I backed up my
21 searchplugins folder before upgrading, and moved it back to
22 mozilla-firefox before opening the upgraded firefox, and all my search
23 engine plugins are now being shown).
24
25 But am I supposed to have both folders? Shouldn't one of them (the old
26 one) have been deleted when the previous versions of Firefox (and
27 Thunderbird) were removed? Or are they still used for some reason (and
28 if so, then why do I have to have a new folder)?
29
30 Seems to me that something's a bit wonky somewhere, but thought I'd
31 check here to see if
32
33 1) anybody else is seeing this
34
35 2) anybody knows a reason this configuration makes sense/is valid
36
37 before posting a bug.
38
39 Holly