From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: virtualbox - serial port
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:10:40
1 On 2012-09-18, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 09/18/12 07:07, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >>Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>>I'm trying to configure virutalbox serial port, but I'm getting an
6 >>>error:
7 >>>
8 >>>NamedPipe#0 failed to connect to local socket /dev/ttyS0
9 >>>(VERR_ACCESS_DENIED).
10 [...]
11 >>>What am I missing?
12
13 >>Do you have permissions set correctly to access the serial port
14 >>normally (without virtualbox)?
15
16 > How do I check if some other application are not using serial port?
17
18 To check to see if another app has the port open, use lsof. But,
19 that's not what's causing your error. Linux allows serial ports to be
20 open by multiple processes.
21
22 Do you have permissions set correctly to access the serial port
23 normally (without virtualbox)?
26 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Nipples, dimples,
27 at knuckles, NICKLES,
28 gmail.com wrinkles, pimples!!