From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] JMicron confusion
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 13:24:04
1 On 30/09/06, Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 9/30/06, Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I'm running gentoo on exactly this setup. There was some trouble with
4 > > support for the controller prior to 2.6.18, however it all works just
5 > > fine if you use the "all-generic-ide irqpoll" boot parameters.
6 >
7 > Did you pass those parameters to the amd64 installcd? Or did you use
8 > kernelOfTruth's livecd?
9
10 I passed it to the 2006.1 install CD (and added it to my grub kernel
11 params, of course).
12
13 > > Another issue you might run into is getting the onboard RTL8168
14 > > ethernet controller working.
15 > People on the forums claim they're using the in-kernel Realtek 8169
16 > drivers, have you tried that?
17
18 Not yet, my understanding is that a patch is required to get it
19 working with 2.6.18. I have that compiled and ready to test, but I
20 haven't got around to rebooting and trying it. I'll get back to you
21 tomorrow :)
22
23 > Ryan W Sims
24
25 Cheers,
26 Duane.
29 "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list