From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ping / connect to another subnet
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:13:39
1 On 03/30/10 23:22, Kostyantyn wrote:
2 >Check the User Manual for Virtual Box:
3 >http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/3.1.6/UserManual.pdf
4 >Take a look at section 6.3:"VirtualBox.
5 >A virtual machine with NAT enabled acts much like a real computer that
6 >connects
7 >to the Internet through a router. The ???router???, in this case, is the
8 >VirtualBox network-
9 >ing engine, which maps traf???c from and to the virtual machine
10 >transparently. The
11 >disadvantage of NAT mode is that, much like a private network behind a
12 >router, the
13 >virtual machine is invisible and unreachable from the outside internet;
14 >you cannot run
15 >a server this way unless you set up port forwarding (described below)."
16 >
17 >I would suggest to manually set up your ip address and (or tune dhcp
18 >server for VirtualHost).
19 >
20 >Then should be easy to adjust your settings for iptables+squid.
21
22 Good suggestion, thank.
23
24 I think in my case it will be
25 VBoxManage setextradata "Linux Guest" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/guestssh/Protocol" UDP
26 VBoxManage setextradata "Linux Guest" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/guestssh/GuestPort" 445
27 VBoxManage setextradata "Linux Guest" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/guestssh/HostPort" 445
28
29 since I want to mount samba cifs windows share.
30 I think CIFS on windows is using port 445 but I'm not sure on samba on Linux, will it be 139 or 445?
31 or I just specify port number when mounting it:
32 mount -t cifs -o username=xx,password= //10.0.2.15:455/data
35 Joseph