From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Launch Firefox from Thunderbird
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 18:05:04
1 sean wrote:
2 > Recently did an update of the system and no when I click on a link
3 > in Thunderbird it no longer opens up in Firefox, actually nothing
4 > happens.
5 >
6 > I am guessing it is just some setting in the Thunderbird config
7 > editor that needs to be corrected?
8 >
9 > Would anyone know what might need to be set?
10 Well, I don't know much, but this is one thing I do know. :-)
11
12 Put this line in your prefs.js file:
13
14 user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");
15
16 If you want Thunderbird to be able to open https links, also put
17
18 user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/bin/firefox");
19
20 in your prefs.js file.
21
22 prefs.js can be found in ~/.thunderbird/'some name'.default/
23
24 The 'some name' is whatever the .default directory is called on your
25 system.
26
27 Regards,
28