From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox VERY slow on launch
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:14:20
1 On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 07:36:15PM +0000, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I just reinstalled everything and Firefox takes about 3-5 mins to load
5 > the first time. After that it is very fast. Does anyone have an idea as
6 > of why this is happening? I tried deleting my ~/.mozilla directory but
7 > that doesn't help. This is not the firefox binary ebuild/install but the
8 > regular ebuild.
9
10 See if you have the line
11
12 127.0.0.1 localhost
13
14 in your /etc/hosts file. It might be a DNS lookup timeout issue.
17 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
19 "Backups are for people who don't pray." -- big Mike
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list