From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] logrotate
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:08:09
1 On Wednesday 03 August 2005 12:54, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > from /etc/logrotate.conf:
6 >
7 > -----
8 > # no packages own lastlog or wtmp -- we'll rotate them here
9 > /var/log/wtmp {
10 > monthly
11 > create 0664 root utmp
12 > rotate 1
13 > }
14 > -----
15 >
16 > It states it rotates lastlog (/var/log/lastlog) but it doesn't and my
17 > lastlog grows forever. Doesn't seem right. Anybody else seeing the
18 > same or have I messed up?
19
20 Probably missing something (I don't use logrotate), but seems to me that
21 the above fragment only deals with /var/log/wtmp. To
22 have /var/log/lastlog rotated, add another section for it.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list