From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-devel/bc required for kernel compile?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:06:48
1 >> My wife and I have identical Dell XPS 13 laptops. I have the config
2 >> on both as close as possible. We use identical kernel config files,
3 >> but I can compile git-sources-3.9-rc1 without installing sys-devel/bc
4 >> and it looks like she can not. Does anyone know why this would
5 >> happen?
6 >>
7 >> BC kernel/timeconst.h
8 >> /bin/sh: bc: command not found
9 >> make[1]: *** [kernel/timeconst.h] Error 127
10 >> make: *** [kernel] Error 2
11 >
12 > It seems that sys-devel/bc is now required to build the kernel ⁽¹⁾.
13 >
14 > On your system, are you sure that you don't have bc installed as a
15 > dependency of another tool ?
16
17 It turns out I have /usr/bin/bc but portage didn't know about it.
18 equery says it doesn't belong to any package. Should sys-devel/bc be
19 in the world file or are the profiles going to add it?
20
21 - Grant