From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is Qemu dead?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:16:45
1 I've been trying to use Qemu to do some test installs of Ubuntu
2 server. I've used Qemu successfully in the past, but it seems to have
3 hit a dead end. The "stable" version (0.11) of Qemu just plain
4 doesn't work. There are constant segfaults and kernel panics in the
5 guest environment.
6
7 I updated to the ~x86 version (0.14) -- while the guest OS installs
8 and runs OK, kernel acceleration (kqemu module) is no longer
9 supported, and without it Qemu is really slow.
10
11 For now I've switched to VirtualBox, but the console implementation in
12 VirtualBox is nightmarishly slow. When I do -l looks like it's
13 scrolling by at about 9600 baud.
14
15 Is Qemu dead? Or just dying?
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! What UNIVERSE is this,
19 at please??
20 gmail.com