From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Need MythTV setup help (resend)
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 05:19:29
1 On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 19:20 -0800, Bob Sanders wrote:
2 > On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 17:47:19 -0800
3 > Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 > > It seems that something is not stable with the X server or with the card drivers. For now,
7 > > perhaps forget MythTV and just see if you can get a stable input running with something like
8 > > tvtime -
9 > >
10 > > [ N] media-tv/tvtime (0.9.12): High quality television application for use with video capture cards.
13 > Forget I mentioned tvtime. It doesn't work with ivtv. Best one can do is to set the input with
14 > ivtvctl, record some test footage - cat /dev/v4l/video0 > test.mpg, then see if it can be
15 > played back with mplayer.
16 >
17 > Bob
18 > -
19
20 My test footage could be played back in mplayer (although it was a
21 little jerky, but I think that had to do with the plugin mplayer was
22 using. I can't get the xv plugin to work. I tried mythfrontend again
23 (after starting mythbackend) and it froze up again. What's next?
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list