From: Gabriel Rossetti <rossettigab@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't ssh w/out password as root into my gentoo box any more
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:37:44
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 26 February 2007 23:44, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hello,
5 >>
6 >> I had setup password-less ssh login for a backup process from another
7 >> machine (FreeBSD) and all was working well, but for some reason it no
8 >> longer works anymore, I tried to redo everything, but still no luck. I
9 >> also tried as a regular user and it works fine. I tried to add :
10 >>
11 >> PermitRootLogin without-password
14 > I thought that the syntax for this is boolean:
15 >
16 > PermitRootLogin yes
17 >
18 > or
19 >
20 > PermitRootLogin no
21 >
22 nope, it also works.
23 >
24 >> PubkeyAuthentication yes
25 >>
26 >> (the second seems useless since it works for non-root users)
29 > Yes, it should work with any user who has a public key saved in
30 > the .ssh/authorized_keys file.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list