From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SOLVED Video plays past end of time it shows
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 19:46:27
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2021-08-25, Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> You can try to re-encode or maybe remux with ffmpeg.
5 > That's what I'd do. Try remuxing first (it can be done losslessly).
6 > To remux losslessly, use the "copy" codecs for both audio and video.
7 >
8 > --
9 > Grant
12 I looked at the man page.  I felt like I was trying to become a brain
13 surgeon.  Then I had a thought that this suggestion made me think of.
14 I'd prefer a .mp4 file anyway so I used the video download helper tool
15 in Firefox to convert the video from .avi to .mp4.  When it was
16 completed, the video shows the right play time and it works as it
17 should, plus I have my preferred .mp4 file.
18
19 While it may be a odd workaround, it did work.  I wouldn't have thought
20 about that if it wasn't suggested to re-encode the file.
21
22 Thanks to all.  Took a strange path but got what I wanted.  ;-)
23
24 Dale
25