From: Brett Freer <brett@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Properly handling missing files when downloading files from ftp:// via ISA proxy (emerge/wget)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 22:22:56
1 On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Friday 10 September 2010 17:13:44 Maciej Grela wrote:
4 > > 2010/9/10 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com<paul.hartman%2Bgentoo@×××××.com>
5 > >:
6 > > > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Maciej Grela <maciej.grela@×××××.com>
7 > wrote:
8 > > >> Hi,
9 > > >>
10 > > >> Is there any way to make emerge (wget) correctly behave when it tries
11 > > >> to download a non-existing file from FTP
12 > > >> in a network using ISA as ftp_proxy ? I have one of these at work and
13 > > >> it's really annoying because of situations
14 > > >
15 > > > If you are allowed to bypass the proxy, try --use-proxy=off in your
16 > > > wget command line.
17 > >
18 > > Unfortunately proxy is the only way to access the Internet.
19 > >
20 > > > It seems your FTP is proxied over HTTP and your client needs to
21 > > > support this. I'm not sure if wget supports HTTP proxies for FTP.
22 > > >
23 > > > Here is a document from Microsoft about configuring ISA and various
24 > > > clients: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794745.aspx
25 > >
26 > > I'll read that, thanks.
27 >
28 > I think that you can try exporting your proxy's http address to ftp like
29 > so:
30 >
31 > # export ftp_proxy="http://my_proxy.com:1234"
32 >
33 > and then run emerge to see if you can get through. If your proxy requires
34 > a
35 > username/passwd you'll need to add these on the command line just as the
36 > handbook advises.
37 >
38 > --
39 > Regards,
40 > Mick
43 Hi
44
45 You might find the problem is NTLM authentication. I have found
46 net-proxy/*ntlmaps
47 **to work around this issue.*
48 *
49 *