From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg configuration
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:07:26
1 On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:00:41 +0200
2 "Xav'" <blackhawk@××××××××.fr> wrote:
3
4 > > I'll reboot and try copying some stuff around. Also, "emerge gnome"
5 > > will give me a basic gnome?
6 Yeah, pretty much. I don't use gnome but helped my roommate install
7 gnome on gentoo without reading that guide. I think emerge bombed once
8 or twice and I had to fix things, but it wasn't super difficult.
9
10 > Try to configure it first with X -configure
11 That's the way I do it too, and will at least set up your display
12 hardware properly -- or should, it always does that part fine for me.
13 You might have to fix the mouse device though; it should
14 be /dev/input/mice most likely, not /dev/mouse as Xorg used to (still
15 does?) put in.
16
17 You may also have to tweak to get desired resolution/refresh.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list