From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fairwell for now
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 04:06:42
1 On 3/10/06, A.R.S. KA9QLQ Alvin Koffman <alvin_ka9qlq@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Well I can't get the live cd to boot so I'll check back in a year to see
3 > if Gentoo has it's act togather yet. I do look forward to running Gentoo,
4 > someday.
5 > Alvin
6
7 I've trying to help you at the "My screen goes off on boot" thread,
8 gave you alternatives, we discussed the problem, it can be your
9 monitor (my best bet), or you could add a little effort and really
10 config Xorg to work with default driver VESA and low screen
11 resolutions, but you seem to want everything out of the box.
12
13 If your framebuffer is working, you could simply CTRL+ALT+F1 and run
14 the command-line installer, wich is a little more effort, but I've
15 tried, and it works, or you could just use gentoo-nofb and add "nox"
16 to your kernel options and use it without framebuffer. Its still
17 Linux.
18
19 If you want a CD that "just runs and installs" check another OS, I
20 would say its name, but its been so long since my last "blue screen of
21 death, format, reinstall, check for viruses, burn your firewall" days
22 ;)
25 > For the best jerky you've ever had go to
26 > http://alk.jerkydirect.com/
27 > My home page
28 > http://ka9qlq.tripod.com
29 > This PC is windows free with Mepis Linux 3.4-3
30 > http://www.mepis.org/
31 > 1(747)632-4973 SIP
32 > Get Gizmo 1 cent per minuet calling
33 > http://www.gizmoproject.com/
34 > --
35 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
41 Daniel da Veiga