From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several KDE packages don't compile.
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 12:58:43
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:16:57 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I have tried searching with google and on the forums with nothing that
5 >> looks recent. I hate to say this but the search function on the Gentoo
6 >> forums is about worthless to me.
7 > I gave up on that years ago, much easier to use Google and add
8 > site:forums.gentoo.org to the search.
12 So it's not just me. I usually type Gentoo as the first word. Most
13 hits are either forums or the mailing list. I just couldn't find
14 anything related to my issue this time. I suspect something got out of
15 sync and that some package needs a update that is masked or something.
16 I mostly run stable except for KDE and friends and portage and
17 friends. Oh, dracut too. Sort of funny in a way.
18
19 Well, I hope there is a new release soon. Maybe then new ones will
20 compile.
21
22 Dale
23
27 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
28
29 Miss the compile output? Hint:
30 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"