From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Slighty confused about net connections
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 05:04:03
1 <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
5 > I want to summerize here what works, what dont work and what I tried
8 Meino,
9
10 I read your email. I have not tried what you are trying before
11 and do not have those boards: maybe I should get a pair?
12 Or are you almost done?
13
14 What I would suggest is read up on "IP aliasing"
15 and "Network Address Translation".
18 Maybe all you have to do is put the 2 devices on separate
19 USB_busses on your PC. "lsusb" should identify how many
20 differnet usb busses you have on your pc hardware. You
21 motherboard book (online if you don't have one) should
22 also tell you about the different usb busses on your motherboard.
23 Some older PC just have one USB buss.
26 You are going to have to experiment. Check your routing table
27 after you set things up. Also install net-analyzer/macchanger
28 and see if that helps. If you grope long enough, you should
29 find a solution. Hopefully others have some ideas.
30
31 "netstat" and "arp" are also commands you should look at their
32 options as tools to gain insight into what you are doing, and
33 why what you try, fails.
34
35 [1] http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ethernet_over_USB
36