From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server 1.5.3 doesn't like 'freetype' and 'vga' modules?
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:55:37
1 090411 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Denis wrote:
3 >> I updated the xorg-server from 1.3.x to 1.5.3 & my X wouldn't launch
4 >> until I commented 'freetype' or 'vga' in xorg.conf - why is that?
5 >> Basically, I am going the old keyboard and mouse route for now
6 >> and I rebuilt my nvidia drivers, mouse drivers and keyboard drivers,
7 >> but X still wouldn't launch because the loader complained
8 >> that it can't find freetype and vga modules.
9 >> Are these modules phased out of the new xorg-server
10 >> or am I needing to rebuild something else still?
11 > They are not needed anymore.
12
13 My 'xorg.conf' still has the Freetype line (not Vga) without problems.
14 I'm now using 1.5.3 with Evdev.
15
16 BTW the Nvidia driver is still being used (acc to 'lshal'),
17 but its splash screen no longer appears: can anyone explain ?
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca