From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [~amd64] Keyboard stops working several times/day
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 01:43:58
1 On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 19:27:41 -0400
2 Michel Catudal <mcatudal@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > > But yes, kernel 3.18.19 still has my same keyboard halting problem,
5 > > so I'm back to 3.14.50 until the ati-drivers package is patched.
6 > > I'm sure gentoo-sources-3.18.20 will be available almost
7 > > immediately and I'm not going through that hell again.
11 > I am running Kernel 4.0.5 with no problem with the keyboards.
12
13 Okay, thanks, that's good to know.
14
15 I'm aware that I'm mixing posts about video drivers in the same thread
16 (that I started) about keyboard problems, but that's no accident: both
17 topics involve kernel device drivers *and* differences between kernel
18 versions. I think the two apparently different problems are related.
19
20 <snipped for brevity>
21
22 > Someone seemed to have backport the debian bug
23 > into it as my logitech keyboard didn't work.
24
25 Yes, I wonder if some of the problems I'm having are caused by the
26 patches to gentoo-sources and/or ati-drivers that were committed by our
27 gentoo devs, or are my problems coming from upstream? I have no idea.
28
29 > After I enabled the HID
30 > special support for Logitech, both mouse and keyboard now work
31 > perfectly.
32
33 Heh. I just ordered a replacement Logitech USB keyboard from
34 amazon.com. I picked the Logitech because it was from a company
35 (Logitech) whose name I recognize, as opposed to the other keyboards
36 that amazon offers under its own brand.
37
38 If my new Logitech keyboard fails to work correctly I will try enabling
39 the special HID support in whatever kernel(s) I'm using at the moment.
40 (Three days from now...who knows?)