From: Alexander Pilipovsky <alexander.pilipovsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Whats better for crossplatform applications?
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 15:50:52
1 2009/5/31 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
2
3 > Alexander Pilipovsky wrote:
4 >
5 >> May be, it's not a "only Gentoo" question, but I want to write and start
6 >> applications under Gentoo and Windows. I saw Tcl/Tk library in work (as
7 >> example OOMMF: http://math.nist.gov/oommf/, but it, sometimes, unstable
8 >> under Windows XP). And it did not like me to look of buttons, lists etc.
9 >> Other way I saw in using wxPython (http://www.wxpython.org/) or
10 >> wxWidgets (http://www.wxwidgets.org/). I want to have as little as
11 >> possible differences in GUI of my program when it starts under GNOME,
12 >> KDE or Windows. May be some other libraries for crossplatform
13 >> development are exists.
14 >>
15 >> What library better for unification of application look and developing?
18 > I also recommend Qt (version 4) because it looks native on Windows and Mac
19 > OS X too. Qt is C++ but it has Python, C and Java bindings too so you can
20 > develop in Python for example but still have a native KDE/Windows/OS X
21 > look&feel.
25 Thanks all you for your views! They are very helpful for me.
26 In summary, I am going to make choise in Qt :)
29 Alexander Pilipovsky aka Engraver