From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Plasma upgrade: Part Deux.
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 15:14:01
1 On 09/19/2016 11:36 PM, Kai Krakow wrote:
2 > Am Mon, 19 Sep 2016 20:05:19 -0700
3 > schrieb Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> So, I have a week off and have time to mess around trying to upgrade
6 >> to Plasma once again.
7 >>
8 >> I have got it mostly-somewhat upgraded, but I have two bizarre
9 >> problems.
10 >>
11 >> The first one is I have two volume controls in the tray. I have no
12 >> idea why, and both seem to present slightly different controls. Could
13 >> this be related to pulseaudio?
14 >
15 > There's kmix and there's the systray integrated mixer. Disable either
16 > one of them. With modern versions of plasma I prefer the plasma
17 > integrated mixer and uninstalled kmix.
18 >
19 > You can disable the other mixer in the systray properties.
23 Yes, that solved it, thank you.
24
25 I also figured out my Thunderbird problem, for some reason "Fullscreen"
26 was set under window properties (right-click Thunderbird in the task
27 bar, More Actions.)
28
29 I've noticed a couple more things. One is after resume from standby the
30 plasma taskbar hangs at 100% cpu for 2-3 minutes, during which time you
31 can't open the K menu, click on open programs in the task bar or start
32 any apps. The tray icons and clock are also frozen. Has anyone
33 experienced this? It only does this after resume, it seems to be fine
34 otherwise.
35
36 Is there a way to speed up alt-tab switching? Often I hit alt-tab
37 expecting it to switch to another app but nothing happens. I have to hit
38 it two or sometimes even three (!) times to make it switch. This is
39 really irritating and slows down my work flow.
40
41 Dan