From: Bryant Morrow <bryant.morrow@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dev-scheme/guile fails to build after update: "cannot find -lguile" linker error
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 08:10:48
3 I recently updated my system, which broke... well, everything. I was able to boot, but my init system failed
4 due to errors creating pipes and no services were launched (I use s6 for my init). After the update,
5 some preserved libraries failed to be rebuilt by emerge @preserved-rebuild, namely dev-scheme/guile.
6 The original update was done after adding amd64 and ~amd64 to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS due to difficulties
7 with various packages.
8
9 I cloned the updated system into a separate subvolume, then reverted the original to a backup from
10 before the update. I tried various things to fix the issue from chroot, including switching to the 17.0
11 default/hardened profile (#14) from my previous hardened (stable) profile.
12
13 I don't know how much (if anything) the broken guile lib has to do with the broken system, but I
14 can't get any farther until I've sorted this out.
15
16 Attached are the relevant logs and debugging outputs.

build-log text/plain
emerge-info text/x-makefile
emerge-pqv text/plain