From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Amazon-Instant video
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:09:29
1 On Tuesday 12 Feb 2013 07:32:10 Kevin Brandstatter wrote:
2 > I just got amazon prime for the instant videos (among other things) and
3 > figured i should
4 > be able to watch it on linux since its in flash.
5 > However, I have had no luck getting it to play an instant video,
6 > i've narrowed it down to videos with DRM, (because trailers play fine
7 > and DRM screws up everything)
8 > Google searches come up that it needs HAL (which is deprecated)
9 > I even managed to install HAL, and still no luck
10 >
11 > i keep getting "error occurred and your player cannot be updated"
12 > I have the latest flash, chrome and firefox. (tried both)
13 >
14 > Just wondering if others are having the same trouble or if someone has a
15 > solution.
16
17 I do not have such an account, so cannot compare with what you're getting on
18 your system. However, I have had success using rtmpdump and friends in the
19 past with various flash videos, as well as youtube-dl. I do fear though that
20 DRM may screw things up, so YMMV.
21
22 This is how you can try intercepting the stream with rtmpsrv. Run as root:
23
24 iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 1935 -j REDIRECT
25
26 rtmpsrv
27
28 then try to play the video with Firefox, accepting cookies, etc. At some
29 point if rtmpsrv is successful it will print on the terminal a very long URL.
30 Ctrl+c to stop rtmpsrv, then remove the redirect rule:
31
32 iptables -t nat -D OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 1935 -j REDIRECT
33
34 and run as a plain user:
35
36 rtmpdump <URL>
37
38 If the stream URL was captured successfully you should be able to download it.
41 youtube-dl has a number of extractors some of which may work with amazons
42 implementation. Run 'youtube-dl --list-extractors' to list them.
43
44 HTH.
45 --
46 Regards,