From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Printer setup: where is foomatic-rip?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:03:39
1 Hi, gentoo!
2
3 I'm trying to set up my printer (a Samsung ML-1450 (which looks like an
4 HP Laserjet)) according to the "Gentoo Printing Guide". There is no
5 problem with the USB connection to it.
6
7 I've got as far as printing a test page (in section 4). The page
8 doesn't print. The error message in /var/log/cups/error_log is:
9
10 Filter "foomatic-rip" for printer "ML-1450" not available: no such
11 file or directory
12
13 The driver I've downloaded and installed is pxlmono (as recommended).
14
15 I've tried emerge foomatic, to no avail.
16
17 How do I get foomatic-rip and get it working?
18
19 Thanks in advance!
22 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).