From: jdm@××××××××××××.uk
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu-kvm
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 19:06:30
1 No unfortunately
2 ------Original Message------
3 From: Matthew Finkel
4 To: Gentoo
5 ReplyTo: Gentoo
6 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu-kvm
7 Sent: 16 Jul 2011 17:51
8
9 On 07/15/11 20:24, john wrote:
10 > I am running a gentoo amd64 qemu-kvm virtual image on my gentoo amd64
11 > box.
12 >
13 > Everything is running well. Machine boots up and all looks to be ok.
14 >
15 > When I startx the screen goes purple (on guest) and locks up. The only
16 > error message I get is on host.
17 >
18 > KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
19 >
20 > I would guess this is a graphics issue but not entirely sure.
21 >
22 > I have tried -vga cirrus, std, vmware but all have the same effect.
23 >
24 > I have emerged these in guest as xorg-drivers.
25 >
26 > Any suggestions!
27
28 Are there any entries in /var/log/messages or /var/log/X.0.log on the
29 guest related to the lock up?
33 Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on O2