From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] mobo onboard Intel graphics
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:10:00
1 I've got X working on my new box with Fluxbox (KDE is more work).
2 I used 'Xorg -configure' to create the basic xorg.conf .
3
4 It runs without any obvious problems, but there are 2 niggles:
5 (1) the log file shows "(EE) AIGLX: Screen0 is not DRI capable",
6 tho' X refuses to start without the 'Load "dri"' line in xorg.conf ;
7 (2) a big box appears in the middle of the screen
8 "Not optimum mode: recommended mode 1680x1050 60 Hz"
9 & sits there for c 1 min , despite otherwise problem-free operation.
10 Google shows others have met these irritants, but no sensible responses.
11 I have tried the obvious changes in xorg.conf without success.
12
13 Does anyone have any useful experience or suggestions ?
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list