From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo disk space
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 07:43:45
1 On 8/8/06, Sorav Bansal <bsorav@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > The /usr directory on my gentoo box is taking up 6.8 gigs of disk space, 2.8
3 > gigs of which is in /usr/portage. This does not seem right. Is it possible
4 > to reduce this disk usage?
5
6 eclean distfiles
7 eclean packages
8
9 eclean is part of app-portage/gentoolkit. It is pretty conservative
10 by default, so you should read the man page and consider using the
11 --destructive option.
12
13 You may also consider moving /usr/portage/distfiles and
14 /usr/portage/packages to another filesystem where you have more room.
15 Again, "man make.conf", and look for the DISTDIR and PKGDIR options.
16 On my system, the filesystem that contains /usr/portage is only 1G in
17 size!
18
19 -Richard
20 --