From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help with pvrusb2
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:53:29
1 Am 23.10.2011 23:36, schrieb Michael Sullivan:
2 > Hello. I recently purchased a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR external TV card.
3 > I'm trying to get it to work with Gentoo Linux. I think I've followed
4 > the steps found at
5 > http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1900 correctly,
6 > but I'm still getting errors. When I plug the TV card into the USB slot
7 > in the back of the computer and search dmesg, it says:
8 >
9 [...]
12 > I've emerged linuxtv-dvb-firmware and reissued the above command with no
13 > change. How do I get Gentoo to recognize this card?
14 > -Michael Sullivan-
17 Try media-tv/ivtv-firmware. For some reason, that works better for me.
18 And also media-tv/ivtv-utils.
19
20 BTW: If your HVR behaves the same as my old PVR2, it can sometimes help
21 to suspend and wake the system to get it working.