From: Davide De Prisco <deprisco.davide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux viruses
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 20:15:18
1 Ahahahah...
2 Il giorno 05/lug/2013 22:13, "Dale" <rdalek1967@×××××.com> ha scritto:
5 > I had a interesting adventure the other day. A friend of mine's son is
6 > getting ready to go to college. Budget is tight so we went to find a
7 > used laptop for him. I went into the local puter shop and the techie
8 > guy there had a interesting statement that makes me think I'm not
9 > recommending them for computer service to anyone else. While we was
10 > chatting, he said that Linux is just as prone to getting a virus as
11 > windoze and so is a Mac. I think my laughing let him know I wasn't
12 > buying his comment.
13 >
14 > I since did some googling and it seems I am right and he just thought I
15 > was some know nothing guy he could sell some service too. Anyway, has
16 > anything changed to make Linux more prone to viruses than it used to
17 > be? I read a percentage somewhere that said like 99% of viruses are
18 > windoze only. Is there a indisputable source of information on this?
19 >
20 > Thanks.
21 >
22 > Dale
23 >
25 >
26 > --
27 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
28 > how you interpreted my words!