From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Hard drive screws
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 13:27:36
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2020-07-18, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thing is, the first bag of screws I ordered didn't have any size
5 >> info only that they should fit a hard drive, SDD and possibly a
6 >> laptop, if there is any difference between a hard drive/SDD going in
7 >> a laptop as opposed to a desktop.
8 > "Laptop" drives are traditionally 2.5" platters and use metric (M3) screws.
9 >
10 > "Desktop" drives are traditionally 3.6" platters and use SAE (6-32) screws.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Grant
14
15 Well, that explains that. If I ever get a laptop, I likely have some
16 hard drive screws.  I'll mark the other screws as laptop drive screws.
17 I already marked the other bag.
18
19 Thanks for the info.
20