From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend questions
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 02:00:54
1 On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 21:33 -0400, James Colby wrote:
2 > currently running a 2.6.19-gentoo-r5 kernel. I emerged the suspend2
3 > sources, copied the .config from the 2.6.19 directory and ran make
4
5 which suspend2 kernel ver?
6
7 > /etc/fstab. The reason for that is because the suspend kernel is configuring
8 > my hard disk as /dev/hda and my standard kernel is configuring it as
9 > /dev/sda. Does anyone know how I can get the suspend kernel to assign
10 > my hard disk as /dev/sda?
13 My guess is that the kernel moved from recognising the drive as a PATA
14 to a SATA. If you're committed to using this new kernel, just boot into
15 your new kernel in single mode, change fstab to point to sda and then
16 reboot.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list