From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Dynamic IP address services.
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 00:53:49
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > 1. Do it yourself and do it properly - get a static IP from your ISP
4 > 2. Don't do it yourself and do it properly - use your ISP's mail
5 > relays, or use a relay provider
6
7 Can you give an example of a relay provider... or do you mean
8 smtp.gmail.com or the like?
9
10 I tried several times to use newsguy's smtp servers, They host one of
11 my pop3 email accounts, but never could get it working. I have got
12 fastmail.com smtp server to work and gmail too but with either, sooner
13 or later something changes and I'm left dinking around with it for a
14 week until I finally hit on the right formula.
15
16 > Why are you even trying to do this yourself? I do this for a living and
17 > I can tell you it's a pain in the butt you don't want (*I* don't even
18 > want it, I shove mail services off onto other teams as fast as I can get
19 > them to take it...)
20
21 I think you just convinced me it is a bad bad idea. thanks.
22
23 Nice to hear from a veterano mail dude.