From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Copying files from one encfs directory to another encfs directory
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 14:07:47
1 On 12/21 11:19, Francesco Turco wrote:
2 > > When I try to copy files (cp or via two tars piped together) from
3 > > one directory to the other I get "permission denied" -- with
4 > > both directories I am owner and read/write permissions.
5 >
6 > For directories, the +x permission is also needed.
7
8 sorry...yes, of course...was set...
11 > > How can I copy a large quantity of files between the directories
12 > > without using temprary storage somewhere else?
13 >
14 > Have you tried with rsync?
15
16 this seems to work (its still running).
17 But for what reasons do cp & friends fail?
21 > --
22 > https://fturco.net/
23 >